EMPIRE™ Turf grows Australia Wide and provides a lawn grass which is easy to look after. It has a relatively fine leaf which is soft to touch, excellent wear tolerance and thrives in extreme heat and humidity. EMPIRE™ is good in the shade and keeps a good winter colour and it can generally outcompete the weeds once established. EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA generally requires less watering & less mowing than any other commercially grown lawn in Australia.EMPIRE™ Turf needs far less mowing than other turf types.EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA is a versatile, adaptable lawn, well suited to Australian conditions. EMPIRE has performed well in both sandy and clay soil types, with aggressive growth from its runners and rhizomes. It can be mown with a standard rotary mower due to its ideal leaf width and open growth habit. It requires less maintenance and mowing than other grasses and is a very efficient water user.This hard wearing, versatile turf grass thrives in all climatic regions of Australia, from Darwin to Tasmania, from Sydney to Perth, and would even survive in places where the temperature drops to 20 degrees below 0.Empire is more lawn grub resistant than other turf types, but this does not mean it is immune to lawn grub. Seek expert advice if problems occur.
Good Winter Colour
EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA has good winter colour when compared to other more common turf.
Although EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA grows across the ground at a fast rate, its upwards leaf growth is less than most other commercially grown lawns in Australia. Ask for EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA. It grows fast across the ground for better wear tolerance, but one that grows more slowly upwards for less mowing.
Great at Out Competing Weeds
Once EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA is well established, its dense growth makes it much harder for weeds to establish. Of course, occasionally weeds can develop in EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA, and if in the unlikely event this occurs, please follow our maintenance guide.
Less Thatch, Less Scalping
EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA is known for its ability to create a dense sward without major thatch problems. EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA has less thatch and less scalping than any other zoysia.
Tough and Hardwearing
EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA has excellent fast growth across the ground. Its runners are fast and highly branching, which provides excellent recovery from wear. EMPIRE ZOYSIA is quickly becoming known as the tough, hardwearing turf.
Disease & Pest Tolerance
EMPIRE™ Zoysia Turf in Moderate Shade Conditions. It is very resistant to turf diseases and pests and will generally not show symptoms of most common disease and pest problems that plague other turf varieties. It is especially resistant to lawn grubs that cause big problems to many other lawn types.
NOTE: Empire is more lawn grub resistant than other turf types, but this does not mean it is immune to lawn grub. If symptoms similar to lawn grub are present, consult with your lawn care professional.
EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA performs well in full sun, but also will tolerate moderate shade.
The perfect landscape grass
Tough, easy to look after, and looks great, is soft to touch.With such little mowing required, it is the ideal lawn for slopes.
Brochures Available for Download
Empire is nicknamed the E.Z Grass .. because ..
E.Z. to keep looking good
- Tolerates extreme wear
- Low thatching
- Less scalping
- Good in moderate shade
- Good winter colour
- Relatively finer leaf
E.Z. to look after
- Competes well with weeds & buffalo
- Requires less mowing than any other commercially grown lawn in Australia
- Water efficient to the extreme
- Nothing can look so good with such little water
- Lawn Grub resistant
E.Z. to grow
- Farmers love growing it and you will to.
E.Z. to Install
- The strongest and best turf rolls or slabs you will ever see.
- Zoysia’s are known to be amongst the most drought tolerant lawns around.
- EMPIRE™ is proving to be even more water efficient than other Zoysia types
- Eye catching dark green colour
- Luxurious soft-to-the-touch feel
- Fine, tight leaf blade growth
- Great autumn / winter colour
- Early spring green up (if dormant)
- Small leaf blade (5-7mm). Well proportioned to shrinking lot sizes
- Grows in clay and sandy soil types
- Durable and robust
- Vigorous re-growth from underground rhizomes
- Rapid injury recovery
- Good resistance to insects and diseases (especially lawn grub)
- Moderate to good shade tolerance
- Grows Australia wide
- Thrives in extreme heat and humidity
- Excellent cold hardiness
- Drought tolerant due to deep root system
- Low water use due to deep root system
- Reduced fertiliser requirements
- Less insecticide, herbicide and fungicide usage
- Requires less fertiliser than other lawns
- Easy weed control, as EMPIRE is good at out competing weeds, and is tolerant to common herbicides
We bought 300 m2 of the Empire Zoysia and the service provided by Dean to deliver and lay it was first class. The grass rooted within two weeks and is looking lush. I would recommend Wild Horse Turf to anyone looking for good service and a great product.
The follow up emails on care for the new turf were appreciated and timely.